The Fuel3D handheld scanner is a point-and-shoot 3D imaging system that captures high resolution (350 microns) shape and color information of objects. Fuel3D is the world’s first 3D scanner to combine pre-calibrated stereo cameras with photometric imaging to capture and process files in seconds. The Fuel3D scanner works in much the same way as a normal digital camera literally point and shoot.
Make the right choice for your applications.
Objects with the following characteristics generally scan well with SCANIFY: continuous surfaces with smooth curvature; varying color or texture; matte, non-shiny surfaces; opaque finishes.
SCANIFY is great for 3D capture of the human form; fabrics; stone and masonry; wood carvings; sculptures; plants, flowers and other organic objects.
- Objects with cavities or protrusions: where the scanner can only image what it ‘sees’ from its view point and cannot capture part of an object that is hidden behind another;
- Very dark objects: where the object will absorb light from the flashes which lowers the amount of detail;
- Mono-color objects: with no texture, which do not provide surface information for the scanner to work effectively;
- Reflective or shiny objects: where light reflects off the surface to prevent accurate surface measurement;
- Transparent objects: where light transmits through the surface to prevent accurate surface measurement;
- Objects with sharp edges and corners: where the scanner will trend to smooth objects with geometric features with flat surface and sharp corners.
- The world’s first scanner to combine pre-calibrated stereo cameras with photometric imaging
- Captures an accurate scan from a single point-of-view in 0.1 of a second. The Studio software provides the ability to stitch multiple scans together.
- Capture amazing 3D models for one tenth of the cost of a comparable scanner
- Get detail and color capture that you’d expect from an industry leading scanner
- Fuel3D is a handheld camera unit which connects to your PC via a USB connection and a separate power source